"The Puppillar, both domestic and wild, seem to be a perfect conduit for the magical energy of our world. Though many of the most common puppillars, of which domesticated puppillars mainly belong, only possess faint traces of magic, but many more elaborate, and more magical, puppillars have been well documented. "Legendary" Puppillars have been well documented to be able to use fantastical abilities. Fortunately for the denizens of our world, many of these Puppillars are benevolent, and will often use their abilities to benefit local animals or humans."
- From "The World's Magic: Volume 1" by Rover Wagstaff
To read more, check out the Lore Entry Here
Magic is here!
Well, its here in a more official capacity! As you may have noticed, hints of magic have been slowly trickling into the ARPG, including the distribution of some magic potions, and magical abilities showing up on some existing puppillars, and a slew of new Pride Pupps, all with some magical abilities, but now the time of magic is finally here!
This new update comes with some changes to existing puppillars, how certain MYOs work, and the use of some items:
All Super Rare Puppillars, existing and new, now come with One Mini Magic Trait. All Legendary Puppillars, existing and new, now come with One Major Magic Trait (not counting illusory form Shapeshifting).
- To apply this new trait to existing Puppillars, please submit a claim with the link to your Puppillar's Masterlist entry, and include what you would like thier ability to be in the comments. You cannot change the ability once its been selected, so choose wisely. There is NO deadline to claim your magic ability.
- The MYO Guide has been updated to reflect this new information!
New Magical Abilities can be added onto any Puppillar using a Mini Magic Potion or a Major Magic Potion item
- To use a potion to add a Magical ability to an existing puppillar, if this is the only change being made to your puppillar, submit a claim including a link to your inventory, a link to the Puppillar's masterlist entry, and you would like thier ability to be in the comments.
- Magical abilities can also be added on during the Design Changes process, if other things are being changed about the design.
- There is no limit on the amount of magical abilities you can add to a Puppillar, and no rarity restrictions for potion added abilities.
- More Magic Potions will be available soon as we expand the ARPG!
What kind of abilities can Puppillars have?
Magical traits are meant to be very open ended, in short anything is possible, though depending on the idea, we may not allow something if it doesn't line up with the standards of our group. The distinction between Mini Magic and Major Magic is sort of wiggly, but here are the general guidelines to follow:
Mini Magic: Smaller and simpler magic abilities that don't drastically affect the world around a puppillar
Examples: Minor appearance changes (changing colors, colored body fluids such as tears or spit), creating or summoning minor things or small amount of things, random niche abilities (such as can fix electronics by touch, can predict the weather, or can detect pizza).
Major Magic: More powerful abilities that can have the potential to affect the world around a puppillar
Examples: Healing, controlling elements, shapeshifting, controlling the weather, or other typical "superpowers"
If you are unsure which category your desired ability lies under, please ask staff! We will be available via discord, or via note on Deviantart. Provie has the final say on all magical abilities!
Only Magical Abilities that have been officially appplied can be depiceted being used in official prompts and art, though members are still allowed to "headcanon" unofficial abilities on thier character, though having abilities be official is highly encouraged!
We hope you enhoy this exciting new update!
You must log in to post a comment.Log in